NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Walkie Talkie

Walkie Talkie 10 years 10 months ago #311

• Gekko
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 108

DOWNLOAD NOW

With this app you can communicate with peoples around the world with internet.
This is the walkie talkie version!!
Easy to use in portrait mode!!

This app won't just be chat, but we want to re-create the emotions felt back in the 80s and 90s with the idea that you can talk to strangers and no one knowing who you really are!

FEATURES:
- 20 Base Channel
- 70 Private Channels
- 10 Language Rooms
- 3 Lcd colors
- Replay last message
- Country flags
- Nicknames
- Chat (to help slow connections)
- Location Map
- Facebook online notifier

Enjoy! ;)
Last Edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Gekko.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Walkie Talkie 9 years 11 months ago #1086

• Rodrigg
  • Fresh Boarder
I purchased Walkie Talkie ($3.99) and it works well except for the following:
1. If two iPhones establish private link using cellular service and then one of them turns on wifi, they can no longer communicate. The software must be switching to wifi. Even after turning off wifi, that phone does not go back to cellular. Suggestion: add settings to the program to allow specifying cellular, wifi, or Bluetooth and make the software stick with the chosen setting.
2. When I configure the app for Chanel 88 and a private connection and then exit the app and restart it, it defaults back to channel one. Suggestion: save the last settings and use those when the program restarts. I wouldn't even mind if it asked for the private channel password.

Yours is the only walkie talkie program that seems to support cellular connection which is a great feature. It allows two phones which are miles apart and both out of wifi range to still communicate! You should advertise that more. I would even pay more for this feature if you can solve the two items above.

Thanks for your consideration.
Rod
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Walkie Talkie 9 years 11 months ago #1087

• Gekko
  • Administrator
Hi Rodrig,

1 - On Apple devices is not supported to switch automatically from a cellular to wi-fi, this can be done only if you restart the app.
I will investigate anyway this thing.

2 - The default channel is saved only when you are in a public channel. We will take in consideration of adding this feature.

Thanks for the suggestions and the greetings,
walkie talkie is a remake of our CB Radio Box (landscape).
We took the suggestions of making another radio in portrait for better use when you need one hand.

If you have more suggestion for a new update, don't hesitate to notify and we will add it if will be useful.

;)

Walkie Talkie 9 years 11 months ago #1094

• Rodrigg
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you very much for your response.
Concering item #1, our experience is that when the app is started with only cellular service running and not wi-fi, it still switched to wi-fi when that was turned on even though the app was not restarted. We don't want it to automatically switch from cellular to wi-fi but it appears to be doing so. So can you change the app so that whichever service it is set to (cellular, wi-fi, or bluetooth), it stays on that service even if the user turns on one of the other two services?
Concerning item #2, that would be wonderful if you can save a private channel as the default when the app is restarted.

Another suggestion: change your description on iTunes to stress the fact that the app supports cellular conversations. Almost all other apps do not support that. This will help your sales.
Thank you again.

Walkie Talkie 9 years 11 months ago #1095

• Gekko
  • Administrator
Hi Rodrigg,

sorry i investigated and it can't be done.
The choice of the wifi/cellular mode is done directly by the device.

I think the best way to code it is in this way, to don't fall in the same error the other app do.
It is also enough fast for a non voip app.
I will try to insert some new features in new updates or in a new version.

I added your suggestion in the app description.
:D
Moderators: Gekko