NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #589

• Narks
  • Fresh Boarder
I was doing mission 27, where you have to buy a VGA card and I bought the arcobaleno one and tried to activate it, but I deactivated the other card I had and didn't activate the other VGA, so I tested it again to see if it was a bug on my modem, so I activated a different modem and now I have no modems activated.
Please fix!
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #591

• Gekko
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 108
Ok i add this bug in the list on top.
Thx buddy.

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #595

• Fatal1ty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am enjoying the game, but I have found a few things that do not seem to work the way I think you intended.

1. If you are in the process of sending a virus and you click on either hardware list, the timer seems to freeze, and then the send command stops working. The only way to fix it seems to be closing the connection and trying it again.

2. If you are in the process of sending a virus, and you click on the command area and either start typing or press one of the up or down arrows, it erases the text line that says you are sending the virus

3. It is possible to starting sending a virus, and to then while the first send is in progress, type the command and send the virus again. This does reset the timer back to 60s, but maybe it should not let you do anything till the send command finishes

4. send tremor works, but every virus I have purchased since: all the way to lvl 39, do not seem to work, or work properly.

I have never had stoler (v1.0 or v2.0) complete successfully

5. I am stuck on mission 24, I think because I had sent tremor before I had tried mission 24, nothing I seem to do, will let me finish that mission

A. Have you thought about maybe changing how the missions test if they are done? Instead of having to start each mission, which I'm assuming you check before you test if the mission is completed.

B. Maybe just having the missions complete when you have accomplished what they need completed, and change smission to dmission to "Display Mission Help" which would display what is now displayed with cmission

6. Even though the hardware list displays that i have the "SD Card" activated, when I do a "sys" command, it shows that I have "SD CARD: NONE"

7. The speed of your hardware, and/or modem do not seem to effect anything. I know that the speed text is displayed on the screen seems quicker, but shouldn't your modem and system also effect how long it takes ot send a virus/file?

8. Shouldn't I have a file on my system per each command I can call?

i.e. home/system/audio - has all the audio commands ( autoplay, mplay, etc )
home/system/net - has all the network commands ( connect, internet, passcrack, etc )
home/system/ - has all the system commands ( mem, sys, syspass, etc )

9. When downgrading hardware, you still need to have more power available then the item you are activating:

i.e. If your current processor uses 150W and your choosing to activate the 50W processor, you still need 50W free power to do it.

A couple ideas for the game:

1. You already have it so that you can create and edit files, so maybe set it so that the files have a special tag if they are executable, and then it runs the command that is inside the file. that way if you renamed a file, or moved a file like "poker" it would still work.

2. Could you allow us to edit the autoexec file, so we could put commands in there that we wish to run every time we login

i.e. { Contents of autoexec file }
netinfo 999.999.999.0
pause
sys
connect 999.999.999.0

* And it would run each command seperatly *

3. if you did my #2, you could also make it so we could make other "batch" files, like autoexec, which would let us automate a few of the things we do

4. instead of having "startchat" and "stopchat", have the commands "showchat", "sendchat"
i.e.
showchat - displays the current chat messages to the screen
sendmsg [MSG] - would send the message to the chat server

* this could work well with batch files, and viruses and such where you could create a file which when sent to another user, could modify his autoexec file to send a message to the chat window everytime the user logged in *

And just a quick question, besides "send tremor", is there any other commands that work while connected to another player/server?
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Fatal1ty. Reason: change the line spacing, and a spelling mistake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gekko

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #596

• Gekko
  • Administrator
Wow great post Fatal1ty... i will answer in some minutes :)

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #597

• Gekko
  • Administrator
1 ) I thought i fixed it but i will check it again.

2 ) I will make the command line disappear until the command is complete.

3 ) The point 2 will solve this too.

4 ) I will check it again.

5 ) I will check it again, when i done test for 1.3 it worked.

A ) The missions have a check end in the database : command, virus, trojan, action. When this info is read the check go directly on one of this at the end of each command. I will study a better method to check.

B ) I didn't understand this point. :(

6 ) I will check it.

7 ) The hardware speed for the moment is only for the text speed and the virus send speed. The same the modem speed.

8 ) Well yes, i will add the other commands, with the possibility to infect them. Yes good idea.

9 ) So i need to add a check on downgrade too.

Ideas :

1 ) Yes, there is a part already coded on the server that permit to users to write a command, and if the file is found it run it. I have to test it and activate. I will do it for the 1.4

2 ) Yes, i will permit the autoexec.bat editing.

3 ) Yes of course, i will.

4) Hmmm, good idea, so we avoid also the refreshed poll to the server. i will do this.

No for the moment there are only thise commands.
If you have some ideas, don't hesitate to help me.
I'm the only coder here and is very hard update and innovate while we are working to some other games.

We are working to a new porting of the old "Barbarian" for c64, but in the spare time i will update the Hack Online.

Thx again for the post, i add all to the big list for 1.4
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gekko.

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #598

• Fatal1ty
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
A few thoughts about possible additions/changes to the hacking online that might make it better:

1. Add "ping [ip]" command, where you could use "ping 999.999.999.900" and it would show if they are online or not. If they are were not online it would replay with "Request timed out."

2. I'm not sure how you do it now, but if you added a buffered input, so when you typed something into the command field it would put it into a buffer. Then when you were ready to process another command, it would pop off the first item in the buffer, you would be able to make batch files. All a batch file would be is a list of commands to run, and if you ran the batch file it would just copy the file contents into the buffer

a) If you add batch files, could you add a "pause" command that would pause the batch file till the user touched the screen?

3. I'm sure you know this, but IPv4 values should be between 0..255 for each of the four letters.

4. Add a DNS system. where if you did "ping fbi" and the fbi server

was online it would reply:

Pinging fbi (999.999.999.900) with 32 bytes of data:

packet #1 999.999.999.900 sent 18ms
packet #2 999.999.999.900 sent 18ms
packet #3 999.999.999.900 sent 18ms
packet #4 999.999.999.900 sent 18ms

Ping statistics for 999.999.999.900:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (100% Success),

A. you could then add the commands "dnsSearch [name]" which would return the IP address for the name if located. and command "dnsSet [IP]" which would set your systems DNS IP to the address specified. And if it was a DNS server, you could use the dns name instead of the computers IP address for connecting and other things

B. The DNS system could be a server online, which you could

connect to if you new the password, and it could have the commands:
"add [name] [ip]" which would add a new dns entry with the name linked to a IP
"list" which would list all dns entries for that dns server
"del [name] [ip]" which would delete a dns entry on that system
"ren [old name] [new name]" which would rename a dns entry to a new name

5. change the command "connect [IP]" to be able to add the password on the same line. so you could type "connect 999.999.999.900 passwd" and it would not pop up that window for the system password, it would just use what you typed in

6. This would be a major change, but if instead of you having an IP address at the start, what if you just a had a phone line. So at the start of the game, you would be assigned a random phone number (ie: 212 317 4423). Then you could start off with BBS's which players could connect to. Then it would be possible to add commands like "dial [phone num]", etc.

The players first chance at connecting to the internet could then be through a dial up BBS, so they would type "dial 212-317-4423" which would connect them to a BBS, then they would type in their username and password, or "new" to create a new user. then type "internet" to connect to the internet". This would give them access to the internet at a maximum speed of 56.6kbs.

It would also make it possible for people to pay GG coins for highspeed internet, which would give them a perment IP address, so they didn't need to dial a BBS first

7. Add a basic interpreter to the game. This would open up a huge amount of things to the game. Players would be able to create their own software, which they could send to each other. It also opens up the capability to turn most of the game systems (servers) into software themselves. And would open up the possiblity for players to have their own "BBS's" etc while they are online, or pay GG Coin to have a always online connection. This could even give the capability of users having their own tailored "OS's"

A. If you do add a basic interpreter, it would be great if it could "compile" a source file to a "compiled" program file. So that you could do "basCompile hello.bas" and it would create a second file called "hello.prg" or something which would be runable and able to send it to other people.

B. Add a "compress [directory]" and "expand [directory]" command which could put all the files of a subdirectory into a single file, and expand them from a single file to a directory again. This would allow for very robus possibilities, including user distributed programs, etc.

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #599

• Gekko
  • Administrator
Wow your ideas are very strong...
I'm editing to answer to all..... (in the while i solved the problem for facebook, the facebook SDK had a bug, so we will start to use it again in the 1.4)

Let's answer:

1 ) Yes i will add ping command (it work as the userinfo, it looks if someone is online), maybe i will change it into ping.

2 ) Yes, is a buffered with callback. So it execute one command per time, and when the first is done do the next. Yes batch files will be available using "edit" command and doing it .bat
Yes in fact it copy the batch in the buffer ;)

3 ) Yes of course, it can be done as i developed the pause internal command in the buffer.

4 ) I will introduce this in the 1.5.

5 ) Yes i will do it, as i hate the popup alarms.

6 ) The BBS system is a great idea, but this need we delete all accounts, or at least i must change the way how i calculate the IP. Anyway, i like it, and i will do in this way.

7 ) Ok i will add GG Basic (another app of our) into the game. GREAT the idea to open a personal BBS. But i think that when you open a BBS you can only look and receive connections.
This will be the most big update for this game.

8 ) It can be done, but we can run it directly from .bas, don't you think?

9 ) Ok i will add the compress command too.

Now i go to the first post to update the list with all ideas!!!
Last Edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Gekko.

BUG LIST : Fix for next 1.4 10 years 8 months ago #600

• Gekko
  • Administrator
Ok fixed the facebook bug adding also a check for iOS 6+ switching to old ios view for older versions.
;)

I continue the work!!!!