NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it.

I understand
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CB Radio Box

Re: CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #101

• SmokinJoe
  • Fresh Boarder
how are you going to limit traffic on the channels? as far as locations, if you truly want it to be as CB's were, you need a needle for "Signal Strength" and not exact geographic location. CB's never really gave you an exact coordinate, instead you could kind of tell where a person was based on signal strength and if you were traveling, you could determine direction by looking at the needle as you drove. This was essential in the game of Cat and mouse which was widely popular back in the day. Other variables would include if the person had a "Tweaked" CB running at 20 watts or maybe they had a linear running at 200 watts. How custom can you make the app? can we simulate wattage? that would affect the signal strength needle.....
The topic has been locked.

Re: CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #103

• Gekko
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 108
Hi Joe, thx for the sugestions.
Yes we can customize the radio as we want :)
We need only users like you that give us some info (we are noob about CB) but we think is a secret world that we wanna give back to all.

Well thinking to what you suggested we can simulate the Wattage of the radio querying the connection speed of the user and the generic location. (when i say location i mean the nation and not the perfect geo location)
For example :
Joe is in America and he has 6000Mbps Download / 1024Mbps upload
So we can do a calculation of distance from the location and a fraction between the download and upload strenght.

This is only an example, if you have a good formula to calculate something that can represent the W strenght, you are welcome.

We will do another update soon (as we discovered a little bug) and we will be happy to insert this new features at once in the update.

We are also working very hard to discover the worst bug on the server (the hang up), i really hate it.

Re: CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #105

• Neil
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there. I think you app is good but dose crash from time to time and it also got stuck at 98% but is working now. I'd like to see the app with blue tooth. The cops in uk don't like us even holding a phone when driving. Can't wate for next update,keep up the good work.

Regards

Neil. In the uk

Re: CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #106

• Gekko
  • Administrator
Hi Neil, thx for the suggest.
I will consider it, and i will add this new feature to help: AUTO TALK.
It will enable with a button and every time the VU meter goes over a value it will start to rec and stop when you stop to talk.
So you will have free hands while you drive.

The 98% bug is when i do some change to the server.
I also discovered the crash bug, so in the next release it will be very funny!!!!

If you have other suggestion for us please don't esitate!!!! All ideas are good!!

CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #107

• Gekko
  • Administrator
A new update is coming in some days. The 1.7!!
In the new version we've added:
- New communication system to avoid connection overhead
- 2 separate led for send / receive
- RX / TX fixed
- Game Center only for nick name and talker country
- Crash fix

We are waiting to add the "Hands free" button because we need to improve the system with some commands before we can do it.
But we'll work on it.

CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #108

• W6kbt
  • Fresh Boarder
Just gifted this app to my son. I heard him loud and clear . He says he heard me then it crashed on his end. Hehe keep the bug fixes coming. Havent given up on ya yet Gecko...

Re: CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #109

• W6kbt
  • Fresh Boarder
Be carefull with auto talk , one station in a noisey environment could stay in tx and jam that channel. Maybe ?

One idea: use the earphone button as PTT ? Wonder if thats possible.

CB Radio Box 11 years 8 months ago #110

• Gekko
  • Administrator
Hi W6,

we are waiting Apple to publish the new update.
We solved all the bugs and introduced some new features.
As this is a particular app we needed to do experience on it without breaking the Apple rules.

I think Apple is full of review in this period, cause we are waiting since much days.
I think the update could come in any moment (since yesterday).
I think you and your son will be much happy of the new update coming.

For the "Free Hands" feature, is deprecated, just for the reason you explained before.
It can be a "boomerang" and much users can use it to block a channel.
So for the moment we preferred to leave without the "Free Hands".

See you on CB Radio Box!!
;)

Edit : Hmmm, the earphone button? Is a nice idea, but where is the earphone button??
Last Edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Gekko.
Moderators: Gekko